Header Ads








STUDENT'S IPHONE EXPLODES IN HIS BACK POCKET, CATCHES FIRE DURING CLASS

After Samsung Galaxy Note 7 devices recent explosion spree. Making similar headlines, last week, we saw an incident where an iPhone 7 Plus was burnt to ashes before it reached its owner.

Now, Darin Hlavaty, a college student in Burlington County, NJ has faced the fury of an iPhone 6 Plus which exploded in his back pocket. The student claims that the blast created a hole in his pocket.

As a result of the explosion, the student caught fire during the class. According to media reports (ABC) , he was reaching into his back pocket for a pen during his morning physical science class when he noticed some smoke rising from his jeans.


Darin says that as he touched the “sparking” device, it was “super hot”. So, he threw it on the ground and kicked because it was on fire. His classmate Rebecca Bookbinder, who was sitting nearby, said that it happened so fast and soon they realized that the phone combusted in the middle of class.

Talking to ABC, Darin said:

“Right as class was starting, my phone started smoking in my pocket. It was a fire. I felt this crazy, hot burning in my leg.”


According to college authorities, when public authorities arrived at the incident, the fire was already out. But, they could still smell the smoke. After the incident, the students were moved to another classroom.

Darin says that he had the phone for about six months. There was just a simple crack on the device, but that couldn’t be any possible reason for the explosion.

“If you were on a phone call, had been sitting on your bed near a stack of papers, it could do a lot more damage than just burning a hole in your pocket. He’s very fortunate,” Rebecca added.


source: 6ABC




No comments

blogmytuts. Powered by Blogger.